U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old member asked:

Im 19 and would like to grow alittle more but haven't grown anything for some time now is there a way to gain som hieght?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Probably not: If your growth plates have fused, and they typically fuse by 19 years in boys and 17 years in girls, then nothing will make you grow any more.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctoranswered
29 years experience
Probably not: Most 19 yo people are well past their ability to grow any longer because the growth plates are closed. Wearing lifts in shoes or higher heels may help you look taller.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.