is there anything i can do after my egd/colonoscopy so that i will not get a severe headache like last time i had the procd. it was bad hadache?

Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
28 years experience Gastroenterology
Yes: My patients frequently get headaches from the high salt concentration in the prep. You need to look at the prep and discuss with your doctor low salt prep alternatives. It can also help to rehydrate with pedialyte post colonoscopy. Some of my patients get headaches from fasting so long and i encourage my patients to eat as soon as their exam is done.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019
1