Shoshone, ID

I have ran a fever of 105 now i have a swollen gland on my right side my right ear is in unbearable pain. also have took 3 day antibiocs treatment?

Dr. Raja Abusharr
Acute otitis: That is a very high fever and along with swelling (probably massive lymph node) your physician would likely check you for an acute otitis, mastoiditis, or even mumps. The lack of response to antibiotics after three days does not mean that the antibiotics failed though it might be worth discussing a change with your doctor, but it might also mean that the infection is viral and not bacterial.
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Infection: If you are having worsening symptoms, and you are in severe pain after 3 days of antibiotics, you may need a different or additional treatment. The antibiotic may not be the right one - it's also possible you have an abscess that should be drained, or other kinds of infections. You should be re-evaluated to find out for sure.

Last updated Mar 27, 2017