U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

What is the best way to get rid of and prevent myself from getting underarm boils?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Sire
Dermatology 55 years experience
Depends on cause: Recurrent underarm "boils" may be related to the carriage of staph bacteria in the skin and should be treated with topical antistaph antibiotics. There are other confounding factors including diabetes, the diagnosis of hidradenitis suppurtiva etc. You should have this conditions evaluated by you dermatologist.

Related questions

A 42-year-old male asked about a female:
Why do diabetics get boils and what can we do to prevent them or bring it to a head once it forms? Thanks
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old female asked:
How can I prevent boils. And why do I get them.
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 27, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.