U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old female asked:

This may sound strange but every month right after my period i have all over itching to the point i get hives any suggestions?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 48 years experience
Cyclic hives: See your dermatologist. There is a condition called autoimmune Progesterone dermatitis in which cyclic rashes, hives and itching occurs. It usually occurs right before your period monthly but every individual is unique. You can be tested for it.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.