if i have 1 molluscum contagiosum bump on the head of my penis which i got from using a public washroom when i was 14... does that mean i have a std?

3 doctor answers
43 years experience Pathology
Let's ask...: It would be surprising for a lone molluscum "dimple wart" to stay around for four years unchanged, and it's difficult to get this in a public washroom. Are you quite sure you do not have a single pearly papule on the corona of your penis? Let me suggest you show a few other physicians. Molluscum is not considered a std; a pearly papule can be lasered off.
Answered on Apr 30, 2016
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
34 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Yes: Just as you contacted the infection, others can contact it from you (in a sexual way). It is not an infection that requires antibiotics. Honesty with your sexual partners and protection (barrier methods) are recommended.
Answered on Mar 20, 2019
Dr. James Eitner
Get A Second Opinion: Molluscum, left untreated, often resolves on its own after a couple of years, so it is unusual to have one for nearly 5 years. It is also unusual to have only one lesion. Molluscum can be transmitted sexually, so it can be considered a std, but it can also be picked up through contact with molluscum on people or the virus on objects. If it is a single molluscum, it can easily be removed.
Answered on Apr 17, 2016
1