A female asked:
i believe i have an allergic skin reaction to the strong indian cooking odor from an adjacent apartment. my skin burns and gets red. what can i do?
1 doctor answer • 1 doctor weighed in
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Unlikely: A skin reaction has to be from contact to something you applied on it or from something you ingested or took, such as food or medication. It cannot occur from a smell.
5.3k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated Jan 28, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.