U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old member asked:

When i roll my eyes it feels like maybe the muscles around my eyes hurt?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Family Medicine 61 years experience
Rolling eye pain: This can be quite normal. If however you do develop pain or discomfort under ordinary eye usage then see your doctor for an examination.
Dr. Jennifer Lee
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
Myositis: This can also be a problem where there is inflammation of the muscles around the eye. If it is bothering you or severe you should go to your ophthalmologist and obtain an ultrasound or a ct scan.
Dr. Gary Wortz
Ophthalmology 18 years experience
Optic neuritis : Myositis is certainly possible. However, if you are having pain with eye movement associated with fairly severe vision loss, optic neuritis needs to be ruled out as well.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 17, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.