U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

How to remove eyebrow dandruff?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology 29 years experience
Topical steroids: Otc Hydrocortisone may help in mild cases but usually requires a prescription topical steroid. It can be triggered by a sensitivity to a yeast called malassezia furfur which can be treated with a topical antifungal or sulfacetamide. Usually recurs and may spread to other parts of the face especially t-zone and scalp, chest, ears.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 20 years experience
Can be controlled: What you have is a condition known as seborrheic dermatitis a common, harmless, scaling rash affecting the face, scalp and other areas. It occurs most often where the skin is oily. Although it can be very persistent, treatment with regular use of antifungal agents and intermittent use of topical steroids can keep it under control. See a dermatologist for evaluation and treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.