What are some probable reasons for my eye floaters?

Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 30 years experience
Vitreous: This is from a change in the vitreous change which happens with time, if you have flashing lights associated with this you need to have an eye exam.
Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology 33 years experience
Vitreous floater: You most probably have a vitreous floater. The clear gel that fills eyeball is normally attached to all parts of the inside of the eye. As we get older it can become more liquid (watery) and detaches from the back of the retina causing your "dirt" floater. This can also reult in a retinal tear or detachment you should see your eye doctor to check the retina for this or hemorrhage (blood).