U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

Can i get a mole on my face removed or minimized?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Linda Gromko
Family Medicine 50 years experience
Very likely...: You'll probably want to minimize scarring if it's in a very obvious area. For that reason, it might be worth consulting a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Remember that insurance may not cover procedures done for cosmetic reasons, though. Any mole that is itching, changing colors, bleeding spontaneously, etc. May need to come off for diagnostic reasons. Check with your primary care provider. Lg.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 10, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.