whats the disease called when a soldier comes home from war with scary flash backs and nightmares?

Dr. Alfredo Soto
PTSD: The symptoms of ptsd include flashbacks (bad memories that happen out of the blue or from a small trigger that feel like the event is actually happening), nightmares of the trauma and an increased feeling of edginess (either more irritable or more nervous and scared, also called hyper vigilant). Other symptoms can include difficulties relating to others and episodes of dissociation.
Dr. James Fox
Treatment options: Ptsd can be effectively treated using exposure and response prevention therapy as well as medications in the class of ssris and/or seroquel (quetiapine) to reduce anxiety and edginess. Additionally, prazosin (a blood pressure medication with effects of norepinephrine in the brain) is very effective for reducing nightmares, particularly doses above 5mg. Studies suggest doses up to 10-12mg may be necessary.
These may be: symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder.