what besides the discomfort and swelling are the effects of failing to administer testosterone injection correctly? and should another dosage be given?

Dr. James Krick
35 years experience Urology
Testosterone : Assuming you are self administering testosterone by intramuscular injection at home, i would suspect that you injected subcutaneously and not deep into the muscle. This will be absorbed and circulated in the body but likely will not have the "depot" effect of slow absorption as seen with im injection. I would not recommend re-administering the same dose right away.
Answered on Jan 19, 2013
1