U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

How to deal with chemical burns from hair removal cream?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 74 years experience
I suggest: That you go to type in your browser "burn treatment at home" and go to a site that sells creams for superficial burns. Depending on the skin site, try a little vaseline or cold cream.
Dr. Gary Tuma
Facial Plastic Surgery 26 years experience
Burn: You should see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgery. There are a number of salves that are helpful. The mainstay of treatment of a superficial burn is clean with soap and water and moisturizers.

Similar questions

A 31-year-old member asked:

I have chemical burns from hair removal cream, any suggestions?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Roaney
62 years experience
Hair remover burns: I can appreciate your frustration. For hair remover burns simply wash the area copiously with cool water. Then apply an antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin, to the area 2-3 times a day. Long er term effects such as skin increased pigmentation would suggest the appropriateness of a visit to a dermatologist.
Last updated May 4, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.