Can someone suggest natural supplements that i can use to replace the lovastatin i am taking?

Dr. Bart Denys
Cardiology 40 years experience
Lipids: Well... For one thing, Lovastatin is a natural product. It is derived from a fungal product found on the tropical rain forest floor. I know that there's a whole set of emotions and tendencies to look for "natural" products, but remember that there are a lot of "natural" poisons too! if you have high cholesterol, take care of it! the alternative, is a "natural" heart attack/stroke/kidney failure.
Dr. Howard Rubin
Cardiology 48 years experience
Supplements: Some people use red yeast rice. Caution in the world of supplements: it is not as well regulated as the pharma is, so the consumer can not be guaranteed that they are really getting what is stated on the bottle . The active ingredient in red yeast rice is Lovastatin anyway.