Chances of conception? i had unprotected intercourse on the 17th. the first day of my last period was on the 10th. my cycle is usually about 28 days

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Pregnant?: Preganacy is always a possiblity. Purchase a home pregnancy test. These become positive at about the time youd start your next expected period. If negative, repeat in 1 week.
Dr. Edward Ramirez
Fertility Medicine, Gynecology 37 years experience
Very Unlikely: You were on cycle day 8 and most women ovulate between cycle 12-14. In the average 28 day cycle the egg is produced around day 14. Sperms can live happily 48 hours in the vagina or the uterus so the most fertile time is day 12 to day 16.

Last updated Dec 9, 2013