U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Camden, AR
A 32-year-old female asked:

I was diagnosed with gerd 3 yrs ago, was placed on nexium (esomeprazole) but currently am not able to afford it. nothi g i've tried works. i have severe nausea! help?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 32 years experience
Try baking soda : This is an inexpensive remedy to neutralize acid. Also, avoid foods an drinks that make it worse, and avoid eating too close to bedtime. If i persists, an you can't afford lifelong medication, consider a stretta procedure or even a nissen fundoplication (surgery). These cost more up front, but less in the long run.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.