cystic fibrous-how do you get a child to swallow the enzymes?

Dr. David Escobar
Dr. David Escobaranswered
Age Appropriate: That is a great question, because i know how big those enzyme supplement pills are! unfortunately, the answer to your question depends on the age of the child. It is best to devise an age-appropriate approach. I would also encourage you to reach out to other parents of CF kids, and see what they do! the CF foundation has an extensive list of local groups. Your pediatrician can also help!
Dr. HARRY OPSIMOS
Pediatric Pulmonology 22 years experience
Trcks: Various tricks exist, and some enzymes come in the form of capsules that can be opened and the beads inside can be given instead of the entire capsule. It really depends on the age of the child. Your CF center should be able to assist with ideas. Do not ignore enzymes, juts because they may be difficult to administer. Good nutrition is key in cystic fibrosis.