Crown put on cracked tooth, been in pain since(1 month). now want to pull my wisdom in a week.i just noticed lump in cheek, swollen gland?what do i do?

Dr. Randolph Todd
Endodontics 45 years experience
See an Endodontist: A crack in a tooth is a pathway for bacteria to infect the root canal system. If this exists and your dentist put a crown over it the pathway for drainage has been closed and is trying to find a new way out. The swelling and pain may represent that process. The swollen gland may also represent a current infection. Call your local endodontist for an exam to identify the problem.
Dr. Patrick Sweet III
Pathology 21 years experience
Follow Up: I recommend returning to your dentist for follow-up to rule out infection in addition your other complaints.
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Cosmetic Dentistry 26 years experience
Infection: Sounds like an infection. See a dentist immediately.
Last updated Jul 8, 2013