Richmond, IN

I have severe trypanophobia/child birth fears. i want to know what tranquilizers are safe during my second/last trimester for blood work/labor only.?

Dr. Chevies Newman
Ok: Phobias are part of the spectrum of anxiety disorders if they affect your life. It sounds like you are being affected. You likely aren't sleeping well either. There are 2 major classes of drugs for anxiety; benzodiazepines and the ssri/snri class. Clonazepam at nigh can help insomnia and teeth grinding. Cat d but minimal risk at low dose, see mass general women psych website. Ssri little risk.
Dr. Alan Patterson
Ask your OB: What your OB wants u to use, when u are in early labor u can get stadol which is a narcotic but it almost always causes some drowsiness and relaxation, your OB should refer u to a psychiatrist so they can work together to help you.