what are the steps to being a pediatric oncology nurse?

Dr. Scott Diede
First obtain RN...: You must first become a registered nurse (rn). Then, applying to pediatric hospital that cares for kids with cancer can give you on the job training. See http://www.Wisegeek.Com/how-do-i-become-a-pediatric-oncology-nurse.Htm for a decent overview of the process. Good luck!
Dr. Craig MacArthur
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 34 years experience
Become nurse: Graduate from a nursing program with rn or rn/bsn degree. Obtain training in pediatric oncology, either through formal training or by on-the-job training. There is nursing certification in pediatric hematology/oncology available through the association of pediatric hematology/oncology nurses.