i had 104 fever for a few hour during the 4th week of my pregnancy. now i'm in my 18th week of pregnancy. i'm worried that has my fever caused harm to my baby?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
You should inform: Your oby-gyn immediately.
Answered on Dec 23, 2012
Dr. Chevies Newman
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Unlikely: A serious condition early in pregnancy will cause a miscarriage. If it were later, say now, it could e a rare transmit tile virus but at 4 weeks it is typically an all or nothing deal. You should have a relationship with a healthcare provider to answer these questions; hopefully you are just looking for another opinion. Good luck, merry christmas.
Answered on Dec 24, 2012
Dr. Johanna Fricke
49 years experience Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Most likely not : I know the media are full of the danish study that pregnant women who reported having the 'flu had twice as many children with autism; women who reported having fever for > a week had 3x as many, & women who required antibiotics had a slight increase. . However, these were self-reports by phone. While it's worth getting a flu shot, no harm was done by short-term illnesses.See www.Aap.Org.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
1