Ana+w/speck pat. 1:640. sed rate elevated crp ok. cbc and metabolic and urine ok. up back pain. fatigue. right flank pain. lupus panel negatiive. ?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. John Goldman answered

Specializes in Rheumatology

I'm certain that this ANA is related to your symptoms. You have an elevated sedimentation rate, but there's two things you need to realize. At age 73 you can have a positive ama due to autoimmunity of aging. As we get older our normal level for the sedimentation rate also increases. A simple formula is half your age and for a woman +10. Thus for you your normal sedimentation rate could be 45. Your physician needs to evaluate these issues also.

Answered Jun 10, 2014

5.4k views