Singapore
A male asked:

My ear has been blocked for the whole day ever since i got flu.. i cannot pop my ears, but i am continuously yawning and swallowing saliva, it unblock?

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry 47 years experience
Blocked ear: Often with a cold or flu, the nasal and throat linings get irritated and inflamed. This swelling will close off the tube between the ear and throat. The motion and streching of the jaw and inner tissues will allow the tube to open. This will open the airway and unblock the ear. Your md can give you some medicine to clear up this inflamation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Denny Cho
Dentistry 19 years experience
Picture of patient: The picture in this feed shows a patient with scalloping of the lateral borders of their tongue. This is usually indicative of sleep apnea. I think that you still have some inflammation of your sinuses. Sudafed would be helpful of visit your physician for a dose of antibiotics.
Last updated Oct 23, 2017