U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old member asked:

How can i expect my partner to react in pregnancy?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
A Verified Doctoranswered
32 years experience
Depends: I suppose the reactions that partners have during pregnancy are as varied as those of the pregnant women. It might help to bring your partner to your first visit and to the visits during the last month. These are usually the visits where a lot of information is given out about pregnancy, labor, etc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 32 years experience
That depends: Depending on what type of person your partner is will depend on how he acts. If he is a jerk, he will not be supportive or loving. Hopefully though, he will react with a loving, caring, supportive attitude and help with changing diapers, feedings, bathing, and provide overall support and love towards you and the new baby. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 24-year-old female asked:
How many months does pregnancy happen after you had sex with your partner?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked:
I wan to get pregnant but my partner doesn't want a baby..How do I try to sneek a pregnancy?
3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 23-year-old male asked about a 25-year-old male:
Iam have been doing sex with my partner since 2years, but now iam afraid to do so can precum cause pregnancy?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Mar 11, 2023
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.