U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old female asked:

My husband has a sore pimple like growth on right chest appeared suddenly with pain, redness, fever and swelling towards right armpit. help pls.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Ebner
Dermatology 20 years experience
Furunculosis: What you are describing sounds like furunculosis, an infection of the hair follicle that progresses to cause a boil or abscess. This can cause systemic symptoms like fever, but this means it is getting worse and may progress even further. Could be mrsa. This problem needs to be evaluated by a doctor for culture of the abscess and antibiotics as soon as possible. Don't wait around on this one.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 5, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.