does hydroxychloroquine cause weight gain what the heck are these ansrs my doctor gave th is to me for pain give me a straight answer please ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Darrell Herrington
See your doctor: This medication is usually intended for the treatment of inflammation and pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or other similar disorders. It's use must be closely monitored by the physician, and any questions or lack of understanding should be directed to the doctor. It is not likely to cause weight gain.
Answered on May 16, 2020
2
24 years experience Psychiatry
Hydroxychloroquine: Drugs.Com does not list weight gain as a side effect. However, it does list anorexia (decreased appetite) for 1 to 10% of people. REF: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydroxychloroquine-side-effects.html
Answered on May 16, 2020