Philadelphia, PA

I have to take a plan b but the only tome i can get it is on monday or tuesday n ovulate on monday. does that increase my chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Over the counter: Plan b is available over-the-counter without a prescription. It must be taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. There is no reason for you to wait. Head to your closest pharmacy right now and take the pill. This will decrease your risk of an unplanned pregnancy.
Plan B: I agree with Dr. Livingston. The longer you wait, the less efficacious the Plan B is. Plan B One-Step is up to 89 % effective when taken within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. It can reduce chance of pregnancy by up to 95% if used within 24 hours.

Last updated Oct 25, 2018