Canada

i had a few drinks before i knew i was pregnant. would u have to consume alcohol on a regular basis to possibly harm the baby with fetal alcohol synd?

Dr. Craig Uhl
Great, you stopped: Drinking any alcohol or non-prescribed medications during pregnancy. Timing of alcohol consumption during pregnancy may be just or more important than the amount consumed. So look ahead, take prescribed vitamins, eat healthy, exercise as your obstetrician suggests, and best wishes!
Dr. Cyma Khalily
SHOULD BE FINE: Typically for fetal alcohol syndrome you would be drinking regularly and to some excess. The amount that constitutes this is not clear. So if you truly have stopped drinking alcohol and had only a "few" before you realized that you were pregnant then you ought to be alright. Make sure that you are taking prenatal vitamins and do not smoke. Discuss with your OB?GYN