Madera, CA

why do i get headaches after taking vitamin b complex?

Neurology 52 years experience
Unusual, but: Some folks do get either dull or full blown migraines after ingestion of high dose vitamin b meds. You may do better by taking lower dose twice daily, but might confer with your doctor about headaches if they are a problem associated with other situations.
Dr. Powlin Manuel
Allergy and Immunology 51 years experience
Nonspecific: Taking vitamin b complex if taken in usual prescribed doses should not cause headache. If taken in mega doses as some do, it can cause headache, especially the Niacin (b3) which can be associated with altered pain sensation.