how far am i from death? i've been bulimic for four years. my bulimia is very severe, very painful gastroenteritis. and very low blood pressure:91/48.

3 doctor answers
Dr. John Garner
15 years experience Cardiology
If you have to ask..: If you have to ask, you're in some trouble already. The blood pressure is not an immediate problem - the eating disorder is. Please see a professional specializing in eating disorders, and specifically in eating disorders for professional help - long term damage to your body is the rule not the exception if you stay on this path.
Answered on May 5, 2016
1
Dr. Kevin Passer
34 years experience Child Psychiatry
Hard to say: I think it's particularly sad that you are asking this question. While it is difficult to predict your future without more specific clinical information (like lab values), i can tell that you realize you are at grave risk for dying. If you don't want to die, please seek immediate medical attention. Again, I am sad about this.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
Dr. Stephen Perret
14 years experience Child Psychiatry
BE CAREFUL!: Bulimia is a dangerous illness but it can be treated! the reason it's dangerous is because vomiting disrupts your body's chemical balances. These can cause seizure and heart-attacks. I would seek professional help immediately.
Answered on Feb 22, 2014
5