I'm not quite sure i understand adrenal insufficiency- what is it exactly?

Dr. Saima Farghani
Specializes in Endocrinology
Adrenal insufficienc: Adrenal glands are very iimportant endocrine glands in the body. They are located on top of the kidneys one on each kidney. The adrenal gland secrete many different hormones infact it has 3 layers and each layer produces a different hormone. Adrenal insufficiency in general refers to the deficiency of the cortisol hormone that is produced by the middle layer of the adrenal gland . I.
Dr. Mazen Kherallah
Infectious Disease 34 years experience
Adrenal Insuficency: It is a decreased function of the adrenal glands that secrete cortisol and aldosterone.

Last updated Mar 13, 2014