U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old member asked:

Who are specialists in poisoning?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Luke Hermann
Emergency Medicine 26 years experience
A toxicologist: Toxicologists have fellowship training in the area of toxicology which includes common poisonings. The easiest way to access a toxicologist if you think you have suffered a poisoning is to call your local / regional poison control center.
Dr. Joan Gelin
Dr. Joan Gelin commented
Emergency Medicine 26 years experience
they all work within the emergency department
Sep 9, 2013
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Toxicologists: Physicians with specialty training in dealing with poisonings are toxicologists. However many physicians, internists, ER docs, pediatricians, family practice, are quite comfortable dealing with many of these issues also.

Related questions

A 39-year-old member asked:
What to do if I have lead poisoning?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 17-year-old male asked:
How does one get deodorant poisoning?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 30-year-old male asked:
What are symptoms of kidney poisoning?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old member asked:
What is done for salmonella poisoning?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
What can be done for gluten poisoning?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.