When i yawn or take a deep breath, i have a sharp pain in my stomach. is there something wrong with my digestive system?

Dr. Ronald Kline
Specializes in Colon and Rectal Surgery
Probably not: This pain may arise in the abdomial muscles. However, this might be a symptom of a hiatal hernia in which the upper portion of the stomach protrudes through the diaphragm into the chest.
Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine 15 years experience
Maybe: Sounds like a spasm of your diaphragm (breathing muscle). This is similar to that "side stitch" pain many people get when running. It could be your GI system though, so you should have it checked out.

Last updated Mar 2, 2021