A member asked:

I'm allergic to small asthma puffers, are there any alternative treatments?

9 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Usually yes: Many of the same medicines that come in a pressurized little canisters can also be found in vials for nebulizer machines. The vials contain liquid medicine, not a powder like in the "puffers". Sometimes, the medicine can be found in non-pressurized powder inhalers, such as the advair diskus (salmeterol and fluticasone).

Answered 7/20/2012


Dr. William Walsh answered

Specializes in Addiction Medicine

All of them?: There are several different kinds of albuterol and two other short acting beta agonists on the market. I would get tested to see if the allergy was to the medication itself or a stabilizer/propellent that carries the medication to you.

Answered 3/26/2012



Related Questions

A member asked:

What are some alternative asthma treatments?

A doctor has provided 1 answer