what does it mean to have elevated left hemi-diaphragm? my doctor told me not to worry, but i'm worried!

Dr. Nassir Azimi
Interventional Cardiology 23 years experience
Nothing: Elevated hemidiaphragm is not threatening. There is no specific treatment. Causes can include a phrenic nerve palsy, organomegally (enlarged organs e.G large spleen), post operative (from damage to the phrenic nerve).
Dr. David Cooke
Thoracic Surgery 22 years experience
Sniff test: If there is shortness of breath or difficulty breathing then a sniff test can be done to see if the diaphragm is paralyzed. If it is, then it can be treated surgically.