what is the function of ventricles and coronary arteries?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Heart pump and lube: Ventricles deliver blood to the lungs and rest of your body. Coronaries are the heart vessels that supply oxygen to the heart.
Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Cardiology 18 years experience
Pumping blood: The heart is a pump, there are 2 chamber (atria) on the top and 2 on the bottom (ventricles), the atria and ventricles are separated by valves, in order for the blood to circulate in the body, the heart pumps the blood from the atria to the ventricle which in turn squeezes to send it to the body and lung. The coronaries supply the heart muscle itself with blood to keep the pump runing.