Will i need to remove my fake eyelashes before a blepharoplasty? i get eyelash extensions every two weeks. even my eye doctor thinks they are real. should i have them removed before a blepharoplasty?

5 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. James Ridgway answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

If : If your are referencing the eyelash extensions that are on each individual hair - this should not be an issue. It is reasonable to let your physician know that you have them, but having them will not negatively impact your procedure. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

It : It should be okay to leave the extensions on for your blepharoplasty. You should ask your surgeon first to make sure, though.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Robert Strimling answered

Specializes in Dermatology

This : This is no problem for me, but please let your treating surgeon know.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Richard Fleming answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

I : I do not ask patients to remove eyelash extensions before their blepharoplasty surgery. Long lashes are common today with the use of extensions and the increased popularity of latisse (bimatoprost).

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Suzanne Galli answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Blepahroplasty: If they are extensions you don't have to remove them but if they are the standard fake lashes glued to the eyelid skin then they need to be removed.

Answered 10/11/2014

3.7k views