I want to use a tooth whitening kit but i have a false front tooth. i wanted to know if it would whiten the false tooth? i have a false front tooth,

Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Cosmetic Dentistry 49 years experience
No : No it will not. You may need to change the tooth if you whiten. The only way that this will work is if the false tooth is whiter then your natural teeth in which case whitening may improve the color match, but this can be tricky.
Dr. Joseph Simaie
Dentistry 25 years experience
Unfourtunatly : Unfourtunatly the false front tooth will not whiten using teeth whitening products. In these cases, you will have to whiten your teeth and then change the false tooth to match the new whiter color of youe natural teeth. If done correctly, the results can be rather nice. Good luck. Joseph r. Simaie, d.D.S. Beverly hills aesthetic dental care 435 north bedford drive, suite 414 beverly hills, ca 90210 310-550-6223 office 310-550-6974 fax www.Smilesbeverlyhills.Com.
Dr. Jean Edderai
Cosmetic Dentistry 35 years experience
As : As previously answered by my colleague dr.Jonathan scharf an inert structure cannot be whitened like an natural tooth "but" you can after you've bleached your teeth and you like the obtained color, ask your dentist to replace it or a lumineer veneer could be placed over the existing crown, i would personally advice my patient to just replace the crown to obtain a more natural look! best wishes in your decision!
Dr. Alan Zweig
Prosthodontics 45 years experience
Only : Only natural tooth enamel will whiten. You can whiten your teeth and then replace the 'false front tooth' if it doesnt look right.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
No: The false front tooth color will not change. If you want whiter teeth, then whiten them and plan to have the false tooth replaced to match the new tooth shade.
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
No!: False teeth do not whiten as natural teeth because they are made of different materials. Tooth whitening kits are designed to work with natural tooth enamel. My suggestion would be to whiten your natural teeth and than have your dentist replace your false tooth with one that matches the new shade of your natural teeth.
Dr. Kevin Nail
Dentistry 11 years experience
Tooth whitening: Tooth whitening will not whiten fillings, crowns, or plastic fake teeth. If you whiten, make sure to not whiten lighter than these teeth. If you want to whiten and need a lot of dental work, whiten first then have your dentist match the shade to the whitened teeth.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
False Teeth: Whitening products do not change the color of any false teeth. You'll need to replace the false tooth to a lighter color if you want everything to match.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Definitely, no: The artificial tooth will not change color with whitening.