Why do i have itchy , dandruff, burning sensation and my hair is falling out and its really dry and my doctor gave me peanut oil to put overnight

Dr. Haritha Vankireddy
Itchy : Itchy and flaky scalp is a common condition. This is caused by a fungus called malessezia fur fur. Sometimes this condition is called seborrheic dermatitis. Some people are prone to the fungal infection of scalp skin. This causes hair loss too. This is not a harmful condition by any means, but it is a nuissance due to itching. This condition can be treated with dandruff shampoos over the counter. Shampoo that works for it are selsun blue, t-gel shampoo, Nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo, ketaconazole shampoo(pharmacist can show you this if you have difficulty finding this). Apply any of these shampoos to the scalp and leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. Repeat at least twice a week. This will help get rid of the problem. If you keep getting this condition repeatedly then you can use it once a week for maintainance to keep the condition under control all the time. These shamppos usuaully makes hair rough, so it is important to use a good conditioner following the shampoo. If this is not helping, i recommend that you see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 21, 2017