i have tightness in my leg under the calf when i am walking or exercising i work out 6 days a week with shawn t and i think i may haved pulled or strained my muscle, what should i do ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Howard Fox
41 years experience Podiatry
You : You very well may have pulled a muscle, or partially tore a tendon. If you're able to walk (even though it might hurt), it's unlikely you tore a tendon. Try to rest it, keep it elevated and apply ice (some folks feel better with heat, though), and if you don't see any improvement by tomorrow, i'd see an orthopedic surgeon, just to make sure you haven't torn anything. Needless to say, until you feel better, it's best to let shawn t work out alone.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
2
Dr. Jay Joshi
Dr. Jay Joshi answered
20 years experience Pain Management
I : I agree that if you are able to walk, you may have a simple strain/sprain. However, I do not think that you need to see an orthopedic surgeon because of a sprain after 7 days. You see one when surgery needs to be done. An evaluation by a qualified primary care physician will be the first place to start. A good physician will know if this is a sprain/strain/tear/clot/etc and if surgery is needed and will make a referral to a good pain specialist if it is non surgical or a good orthopedic surgeon if it is surgical.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1