fairly regular periods until now. i'm 38 years old and have had pretty normal periods. sometimes they are early sometimes they are a little late. my last period caught me off guard. i used the restroom and i found red blood. thinking it was my period,

Dr. Mary Engrav
31 years experience Emergency Medicine
It : It is extremely unlikely that it is cancer. We all worry when we get symptoms that it is cancer, but that would be extremely unusual. It is most likely that your hormones are out of balance, from stress or other issues. I am glad you are seeng your ob/gyn because an evaluation is in order and will re-assure you as well.
Answered on May 4, 2020