how is adhd diagnosed in children? how are kids diagnosed with adhd? is there a test or screening that can tell me for sure if my child has it?

Hello. : Hello. The connor's inventory is often used. Input is illicited from the parents, the child's teachers and the child. The child is observed. Report card comments are often reviewed for comments and trends. Psychological testing can be helpful. The diagnostic and stastistical manual of psychiatry lists the diagnostic criterion that need to be met in order to diagnose attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd).
Dr. Stephen Guffanti
Occupational Medicine 45 years experience
Exclusion first: Before you diagnose adhd you must exclude a long list of other problems. The screening test is here http://www.Adhdoractivechild.Com/adhd-test but excluding the other problems that can look like adhd is an entirely different story. What are your child's symptoms?