sore throat and anxiety is a sore throat a symptom of anxiety. i have had gad and pad for severl years now. i have a ton of symptoms but never a sore throat. my attacks have been worse lately and i have also been having an on and off sore throat that gets

Hello, : Hello, i can't diagnose the cause of your sore throat. It may be related to anxiety. Anxiety can lead to a sense that there is a lump in the throat and dry mouth with difficulty swallowing. I hope that you are seeing a good psychiatrist and good therapist and have let them know that your symptoms have worsened. Take care.
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 34 years experience
No: It is possible that you have a strep infection. Strep can be associated with onset of sudden Psychiatric sx(including anxiety). It would be important to see your PCP and document a possible strep and get appropriate rx for this , anxiety would be treated as you typically would , referral to rheumatologist would also be indicated

Last updated Jul 15, 2019