I am 5 weeks pregnant but this morning i started bleeding a bit. is this normal in early pregnancy or am i miscarrying? i have taken 4 hpt and all are positive but i started bleeding this morning. it isnt a lot, but its enough to scare me. my doctor said

I : I am afraid that you obstetrician is correct. If you are miscarrying at 5 weeks, there is nothing that will prevent it. A miscarriage this early on could potentially present with few cramps. The viability of the pregnancy can be checked via ultrasound or by checking to see if HCG levels are declining or increasing. On the other hand, your spotting was described as minimal. I am sorry you are going through, but time will tell. Take care.
Pathology 50 years experience
Depends: If the bleeding is more than spotting and it is continuing or getting worse, you are likely to be miss-carrying. Wish you good health!
Last updated Dec 30, 2018