A male asked:

If there is a numbness in my hand. it eases with bengay can this be serious.. my pinkie and my thumb goes numb. .. every now and then tingling finger tips

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 35 years experience
Numbness : Numbness can be related to many many issues or conditions. It is not "normal" but it is too hard to attach seriuos or not serious to that simple complaint. For example you can get temprary transient numbness in a hand as s sign of heart issue such as angina or a heart attack. That would be serious. You can get numbness becaues you are sleeping or sitting in a bad position...That is not so seriuos go see your docor.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016