what type of migraine do i have ? they hit with out warning. i get really sick to the point where i am vomiting, the light, smell of food or any noises make it worse.my face swells some times and all i am able to do is lock myself in a cold dark quite roo

24 years experience Psychiatry
Not : Not all headaches that lead to vomiting are migraine headaches. I recommend that you make an appointment with a neurologist for an evaluation of your headaches. He or she will be able to determine if these are migraine headaches and if not; what type they are. If migraine; you doctor will be able to diagnose which type of migraine and then help you with a treatment plan. You and your doctor will likely first make a decision between preventive and abortive medications.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
4