Do i have asthma? through my entire life i have had these pains in what i thought were my lungs. it didn't happen all the time, or at all often. maybe a handful of times in a year, when i would take a deep breath i get a sharp pain, usually in the right s

Dr. Marvin Den
You : You need a good history to be taken and a good physical exam with perhaps x-rays and other studies, to determine what is going on.
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 19 years experience
Not necessarily : Your symptoms do not fit into the expected mold of asthma. However, to make sure, you should get tested. Talk to your physician and give a good history of your symptoms, your family history of asthma (if any) and when, where and why you get your symptoms. A simple spirometry test will also be in order to rule out any other possibilities. Get tested as soon as you can. Good luck.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016