I had a radial head fracture and i still have pain after 4 months. my elbow feels stuck. what should i do?

Dr. George Huffman
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
It : It is recommeded that you see an orthopaedic specialist trained in elbow, upper extremity surgery. Stiffness after a radial head fracture is common. Other issues like scar tissue, incomplete healing of the broken bone and improper bone healing can also occur.
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 35 years experience
AN : An neven joint surface or scar tissue in the joint or stiffness due to joint tightness, get reevaluated.
Dr. Christopher Henley
Hand Surgery 20 years experience
You : You need to see an elbow surgeon. Did you see an orthopedic surgeon to get treated at first? The stuck feeling and pain could be several things - none of them very good. The most normal, non-alarming thing it could be is a stiff elbow with pain coming from the joint being stretched as you try to "unstick" it. This could be a bone healing problem, where the bone fragments don't heal. You could also have another injury on top of the radial head fracture causing stiffness, like an ulna fracture inside the joint. Impossible to diagnose here on the inter-webs. Please go forth and see an elbow surgeon.

Last updated Jan 23, 2020