I am nine months pregnant and i am going in to have the membrane removed from my cervix what does that mean also will it hurt when he removes it

Removing : Removing the membrane from your cervix is also called stripping membranes or membrane sweeping. Your doctor will place his or her finger into the cervix to separate the bag of amniotic fluid from the uterus. It can be done as part of your pelvic exam. Hormones are released when the membranes are stripped and this can help to soften up the cervix and to start contractions. It is a method to help induce labor. It is uncomfortable but this is brief. Congratulations on your pending arrival.

Last updated Mar 4, 2018